Notary Public and solicitor
Barry K. Holland
As a notary I am a qualified lawyer, a public officer and a member of the oldest branch of the legal profession in England and Wales. My duties and responsibilities are similar to those of Civil Law Notaries in the rest of the world.
I provide a wide variety of services with documentation for use abroad, which involve checking identity, capacity and understanding of the particular process and recording every transaction. The completed documentation can be relied upon in any foreign jurisdiction. I will attend to the legalisation by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (‘Apostille’) and, where required, by the consulate of the country where the document is to be used.
I have been a notary for over 30 years and a member of the Council of the Notaries Society since 2008 (President 2013-2015).
- Authentication and certification of identity and qualifications documents
- Execution of Powers of Attorney
- Taking statements, declarations and affidavits for use abroad
- Dealing with consents for minors to travel abroad
- Foreign wills and property transactions
- Authentication of all kinds of company and commercial documents
- Powers of attorney and authentication for company activities to be carried out abroad
- Authentication of patent and trademark documents
- Maritime documentation and ships protests
As a Solicitor, I operate as a consultant to the leisure industry having specialised in licensing (liquor, betting and taxis) for most of my practising life; I also advise on regulatory law – food safety, trading standards and all matters involving ‘due diligence’ defences. I have appeared in most, if not all, of the Magistrate Courts in England and Wales as an advocate.
I cover Wirral and the surrounding areas
Get In touch
Schedule an appointment or ask a question
“Barry is very approachable and finds time to deal with notarial matters at short notice and charges most reasonable fees."
— David Russell, International Operations Director
“Barry clearly explains difficult points and simplifies complicated jobs."
— Robert Nibblink, Managing Director
“We have used Barry’s notarial services for transactions all over the world; nothing is too much trouble for him."
— Ann Adlington, Company Secretary